- Pedagogy - Feb 22 Royal Honour for baby and parent sleep research
- Event - Feb 19 Royal seal of approval for Lancaster professor
- Event - Feb 15 Phoenix Project shortlisted for major award
- Physics - Feb 15 Physics professors receive Rank Prize for optical fibre discoveries
- Social Sciences - Feb 1 Lancaster professor selected to receive top international research award
- Chemistry - Jan 30 International award for Durham University chemist
- Event - Jan 26 World- renowned forensic anthropologist joins Lancaster leadership team
- Literature - Jan 23 Author Tash Aw: Malaysia an example of multiculturalism in modern world
- Event - Jan 23 Community award success for Street Wise scheme
- Medicine - Jan 22 Broadcaster Beti George joins dementia forum
- Event - Jan 19 University of Sussex awards degree to youngest ever honorary graduate
- Event - Jan 16 University of Sussex graduates encouraged to make positive change
University prospectus success at Heist Awards
The University is celebrating success for the second year running in The Heist Awards, held last night in Manchester.
It won the Gold Award in the category for Best Postgraduate Prospectus and took the Silver Award for Best Undergraduate Prospectus.
Rachel Sandison, Director of the University’s Marketing, Recruitment and International Office, said: “This is a tremendous team achievement and I want to congratulate everyone involved in the creation and development of our prospectuses. The University of Glasgow is a fantastic destination for students studying at all levels and all disciplines, and these key publications reflect that. I am delighted that The Heist Awards have recognised the excellence of what we offer.”
Now celebrating their 27th year, the Heist Awards celebrate the excellence and innovation of everyone involved in education marketing, from regional colleges to global university brands.
The University last year picked up the Gold Award for Most Effective Use of Social Media.
This year it was nominated in the following categories:
* Best Low Budget Initiative – For Mannequin Challenge (Christmas video)
* Most Effective Use of Social Media – Helter Skelter April Fools’
* Best Postgraduate Prospectus
* Best Undergraduate Prospectus