- Environment - Jul 20 "I initially wanted to be a weather forecaster on TV - until I realised you could study climate change."
- Environment - Jul 20 Can the UK’s gas grid go green? New white paper explores options
- Environment - Jul 19 Young people play a key role in Lewes’s local nature reserve
- Life Sciences - Jul 19 Growing better trees faster
- Agronomy - Jul 19 Brexit’s impact on food
- Environment - Jul 18 Relationship with environment is central to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- Life Sciences - Jul 18 New light on the secret life of badgers
- History - Jul 18 Dame Helen Ghosh appointed Master of Balliol College
- Environment - Jul 17 QMUL shortlisted for two sustainability awards
- Environment - Jul 17 European cooperation could provide more stable wind power
- Life Sciences - Jul 17 Why T. Rex and elephants lumber behind cheetahs
- Environment - Jul 14 Biofuels made from waste are the business, say researchers
University Daycare celebrates milestone
Babies and grown-ups are being invited to celebrate Cardiff University Daycare Centre’s birthday milestone.
On 10th June 2017, the Daycare Centre will mark its 40th anniversary with a garden party and fete for its past and present mums, dads, their children, families and friends.
First steps and first words
Since its founding in 1977, the Centre has cared for thousands of babies and toddlers of staff, students and members of the public.
From first steps and first words, the Daycare Centre provides a safe, happy and secure environment, for youngsters aged between 10 weeks and five years, to grow and develop.
Jacqui Kempa, Manager of the Daycare Centre, said: “I’ve been at this Daycare for 22 years and have had the privilege of watching the little ones in our care grow. Seeing the impact that our care and environment has on their early lives is one of the most rewarding aspects of this job...”
“There will be plenty of fun for everyone, young and old, so please do come along.”
The garden party and fete takes place on Saturday June 10th between 11am-3pm at the Daycare Centre on Park Place. Events planned for the day include a bake off, garden games, a barbeque and a range of activities for adults and children to enjoy.
No booking is necessary – just turn up on the day.
Last job offers
- Environment - 12.7
Associate Professor (Industrial Tutor) in Chemical & Environmental Engineering (Part-time, fixed-term)...
- Environment - 6.7
Professor of Practice - Environmental Design in Architecture
- Environment - 27.6
3089 - Chair in Environmental Sensing
- Environment - 27.6
3091 - Chair in Data Analytics
- Environment - 1.2
Regius Professorship of Ocean Sciences