- Environment - 11:01 Wildlife summit gives reasons to be cheerful about conservation
- Environment - Apr 21 Best ways to remove greenhouse gases to be investigated with new £2m grant
- Environment - Apr 21 Earth day: Imperial event brings together experts to tackle air pollution
- Environment - Apr 21 Greenhouse gas removal in the land sector – addressing the gaps
- Environment - Apr 21 EU project launches ’2.4m competition to create ethical and sustainable wearable technologies and smart textiles
- Earth Sciences - Apr 20 Opinion: Worthless mining waste could suck CO? out of the atmosphere and reverse emissions
- History - Apr 20 Digital app brings to life one of Scotland’s key prehistoric settlement sites
- Environment - Apr 20 University Daycare celebrates milestone
- Environment - Apr 20 #EarthOptimism: Recovering species must be celebrated or we risk reversing progress
- Environment - Apr 19 Floating plastic pollution from Europe and the US is accumulating in the Arctic
- Environment - Apr 19 Oxford Martin School Director appointed to lead UN Development Programme
- Environment - Apr 19 Marine conservation with the help of citizen scientists
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities.† Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most†talented architects and designers†to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 12.4
Professor of Power Systems and Head of Power Engineering Centre
- Environment - 1.2
Regius Professorship of Ocean Sciences