- Life Sciences - 13:00 Tooth wear sheds light on the feeding habits of ancient elephant relatives
- Environment - Jul 26 Towards Smarter Crop Plants to Feed the World
- Environment - Jul 26 Earth, wind and flyer: the moves of Disco Tony and friends
- Earth Sciences - Jul 22 Magma build-up may put Salvadoran capital at risk
- Life Sciences - Jul 22 How humans and wild birds collaborate to get precious resources of honey and wax
- Environment - Jul 18 Green Flag success for University Park
- Environment - Jul 18 Why are boys falling behind in literacy?
- Environment - Jul 14 Biodiversity falls below 'safe levels’ globally
- Environment - Jul 14 Biodiversity should be focus of businesses? efforts to mitigate their environmental impact, says new report
- Environment - Jul 14 Biodiversity levels fall below global safe limit’
- Environment - Jul 14 Biodiversity falls below safe levels? globally
- Environment - Jul 6 New international trade agreements could benefit green industries, say experts
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 18.7
Professor / Associate Professor / Lecturer of Human Responses to Vibration
- Environment - 11.7
Professor of Soil Science
- Environment - 27.6
Associate Professor in Civil Engineering Hydraulics
- Environment - 23.6
Associate Professor / Lecturer in Avionics
- Environment - 23.6
Assistant / Associate Professor - Chemical & Environmental Engineering