- Environment - Sep 22 Prestigious award to support the search for sustainable energy
- Environment - Sep 21 We must accelerate transitions for sustainability and climate change, experts say
- Environment - Sep 20 UCL unveils stunning social space at heart of campus
- Environment - Sep 20 Citizen science project to help victims of Hurricane Irma
- Business - Sep 19 UCL’s radical approach to economics teaching sparks a global trend
- Environment - Sep 18 Urgent emission reductions needed to achieve 1.5┬░C warming limit
- Chemistry - Sep 18 Organic phosphorus key to future food security and sustainability
- Agronomy - Sep 18 Visitors can feast on the latest food ideas at Borough Market
- Business - Sep 15 Research examines travel to half marathon
- Business - Sep 13 North West Eco- businesses offered innovation opportunities
- Environment - Sep 13 'Exceptional Malaysian ties’ spotlighted in KL
- Environment - Sep 12 ’Keep it local’ approach to protecting the rainforest can be more effective than government schemes
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities.á Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the mostátalented architects and designersáto ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 18.8
Assistant Professor in Environmental Design
- Environment - 18.8
Assistant Professor in Environmental Design and Architecture
- Environment - 1.2
Regius Professorship of Ocean Sciences