- Environment - 06:00 £200m investment to solve global challenges
- Arts - Jun 21 Creative industries urged to take 'everyday' creativity seriously
- Environment - Jun 21 Hidden harm of local solutions to environmental problems
- Environment - Jun 20 New helicopter wing structure for Airbus Helicopters' rotorcraft demonstrator launched at Paris Air Show
- Earth Sciences - Jun 19 Volcanic eruptions triggered dawn of the dinosaurs
- Mechanical Engineering - Jun 16 Wind turbines can pick up the slack on coldest days
- Environment - Jun 14 Scientists take ‘Sex & Bugs & Rock ’n Roll’ to Glastonbury
- Environment - Jun 14 Climate change on the agenda at Imperial event in Shanghai
- Business - Jun 13 Teaching leadership recognised
- Chemistry - Jun 13 Scientists make plastic from sugar and carbon dioxide
- Life Sciences - Jun 12 Global hotspots of established alien plants and animals revealed
- Environment - Jun 7 Researchers record soundscapes for BBC’s Springwatch
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities.† Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most†talented architects and designers†to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 24.5
Professor and Director of Ruskin, Centre for Culture, Landscape and the Environment
- Environment - 1.2
Regius Professorship of Ocean Sciences