University College London
UCL Institute of Education
|Workplace||London, Greater London, UK|
UCL Search Engine: Research Fellow , - Ref:1807739
ucl human resources
Research Fellow , - Ref:1807739
Click here to go back to search results
We are now seeking a Research Fellow in Parental Time Investments and Children Outcomes. The post-holder will join a vibrant and collegial research environment.
The objective of PARENTIME is to develop new socio-economic theories that unpack the detailed mechanisms driving the intergenerational transmission of inequality.
PARENTIME will take a theoretically-driven Big Data approach by linking large representative 24-hour diary Danish survey data of parents and children with very comprehensive and detailed information on child outcomes from administrative data in Denmark to:
1) go beyond the quantity of parental time to explore the inter-connections between family members and their role in the child’s acquisition of human capital (i.e. the timing and sequence, co-presence, multi-tasking, and instantaneous parental enjoyment).
2) establish long-term effects of parental time investments by looking at a comprehensive set of child human capital measures all the way into the child’s adult life.
3) arrive at a well-coordinated scientific approach, starting at the micro-sequential level of parents and children’s everyday life and building progressively to a macro understanding of the (re)production of socioeconomic inequality.
This post is available immediately and is funded until 01 May 2021 in the first instance.
PhD in Economics or a related field is essential. Candidates nearing completion will be considered. Evidence of scholarship that contributes to PARENTIME research and evidence of the potential to produce work of international standing in high quality peer-reviewed journals on the topic of parental time investment and child development is essential.
Appointment at Grade 7 is dependent upon having been awarded a PhD; if this is not the case, initial appointment will be at Research Assistant Grade 6B (salary £30,922 - £32,607 per annum) with payment at Grade 7 being backdated to final submission of PhD thesis.
A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
To apply for the vacancy click on the Apply Now button below.
If you have any queries regarding the vacancy, please contact Professor Almudena Sevilla ( a.sevilla [at] ucl[.]ac[.]uk )
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.
We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
Our department is working towards an Athena SWAN award. We are committed to advancing gender equality within our department.
This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
Please use these links to find out more about UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.
In your application, please refer to myScience.org.uk
and reference JobID 164996.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 15.6
Associate Professor of Marketing
- Health - 14.6
Professor or Reader of Cancer Imaging
- Life Sciences - 13.6
Associate Professor of Cardiovascular Physiology
- Linguistics/Literature - 13.6
Jesus Professorship of Celtic
- Computer Science/Telecom - 12.6
Diamond Jubilee Chair in Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematics - 11.6
Assistant Professor in Statistics (fixed-term)
- Law/Forensics - 11.6
Assistant Professor In Commercial And Corporate Law
- Linguistics/Literature - 11.6
Assistant Professor (Teaching) Japanese
- Civil Engineering - 10.6
Lecturer or Associate Professor in Urban Planning
- Chemistry - 8.6
Associate Professor Chemical Engineering