Chair in Macroeconomics - 44922
|Workplace||Birmingham, West Midlands, UK|
e-jobs search engine - University of Birmingham: Chair in Macroeconomics - 44922
To contribute to the delivery of the School and Departmental strategy by leading, developing and delivering undergraduate and postgraduate curricula and contributing to research activities. To maintain and develop research, taught undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and PhD supervision and provide academic leadership to the economics department.
• Publish high quality research in international journals of high repute
• Make major contributions to the broader theoretical and/or methodological debates of the discipline;
• To secure the publication of key results in leading journals and/or books which further develop reputation in the subject area
• To provide expert advice and mentoring to colleagues.
• To lead delivery of research that contributes to the progress of the discipline
• Provide research leadership, through leading bids for external research grants which develop and sustain research support in the field of economics and advance the reputation of the School and University;
• To support colleagues through advice and mentoring of their funding bids.
• Supervise and examine research students in economics.
• Contribute to the planning, teaching, examining and marking of undergraduate and postgraduate modules;
• Supervise and examine dissertations on both undergraduate and postgraduate level;
• Take full part in the Department’s Learning and Teaching activities;
• To develop programme curricula within the School, ensuring these meet the standards within the University and external institutions
• To oversee the development and review of teaching provision in the subject area for students at all levels, having responsibility for their design and quality
• To develop and review approaches to teaching which advance techniques and standards locally, contribute to institutional policy and serve as a contribution to the wider debate
• To plan and review own teaching load and approach to teaching, and coach others in doing the same
• To contribute to the determination of the academic standards framework throughout the University
• To ensure that the teaching activity achieves the educational standards of the School and University
• Take an active role in the department’s administration as agreed with the Head of Department and the Head of School;
• Provide academic leadership across the School and College as agreed and appropriate in accordance with the collegiate approach to management and administration promoted at the University.
• Take an active part in the life of the marketing department and the Business School, including participation in departmental seminars and attending of departmental meetings as required;
• To promote and market the work of the Department and the School in the subject area both nationally and internationally
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
www.birmingham.ac.uk , atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine...
In your application, please refer to myScience.org.uk
and reference JobID 144341.
Last job offers
- Agronomy/Food Science - 12.6
Doktorandin / Doktoranden Aromaforschung
- Earth Sciences - 8.6
Project Managers (m/f), 80 – 100%, Safety Analyses of Deep Geological Repositories
- Business/Economics - 31.5
Post-doctoral fellow at the HEG, Economics and Management Department, Geneva
- Environment - 31.5
PhD position in „Impact of pesticides on soil life and soil fertility”
- Physics/Materials Science - 30.5
- Environment - 30.5
Climate Product Expert (VN 18 36)
- Chemistry - 1.5
Assistant Professor in Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 18.6
Climax Professorship of Clinical Therapeutics
- Chemistry - 16.6
Assistant Professor in Process Engineering (fixed term)
- Earth Sciences - 15.6
Associate Professor in Human Geography