UCL School of Pharmacy is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Duncan Craig as its new Director.
- Life Sciences - 18:00 Snail trail reveals ancient human migration
- Arts - 18:00 University’s Bramall Music Building receives prestigious architectural award
- History - 17:00 Honorary degrees awarded at Encaenia
- Literature - 15:00 UCL centre signs cooperation agreement with top Chinese high school
- Education - 15:00 New Head of Access and Communities appointed
- Mathematics - 15:00 Imperial’s unique centre for school children is renamed the Wohl Reach Out Lab
- Medicine - 14:00 BSMS professor recognised in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- Careers - 13:00 Plymouth University and Plymouth Raiders aim to hit new heights with major partnership
- Event - 13:00 Summer of Magic
- Literature - 11:00 Exploitation of Elizabethan child actors revealed
- Medicine - 10:00 Volunteers sought for new Natural Connections project
- Business - 10:00 University signs Knowledge Transfer Partnership with Liverpool Science Park company
From 1988 to 1999 Professor Craig held a range of posts from Teaching and Research Assistant to Reader at the School of Pharmacy.
In 1999 he moved to a Chair in Biophysical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast.
In 2003 became the Head of Pharmacy and Chair in Pharmaceutics, School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia and in 2009 he became the first Head of School for their newly founded School of Pharmacy. In 2011 he stepped down as Head of School to work for the Vice Chancellors Office as Director of Internationalisation, with responsibility for exploring and developing international partnerships for the university.††
It is a tremendous honour to be appointed as Director of one of the most internationally respected and iconic pharmacy schools at a time when it has become integrated into one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
Professor Duncan Craig
Commenting on his appointment, Professor Craig said: "It is a tremendous honour to be appointed as Director of one of the most internationally respected and iconic pharmacy schools at a time when it has become integrated into one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
"I am very much looking forward to working closely with the staff and students to promote excellence in teaching, research, enterprise and professional leadership. As a former student and staff member myself, it is a particular pleasure to come home to this much loved and admired institution."
We are delighted to welcome Professor Craig back to the School as Director. He is the ideal person to lead the School within its new home at UCL and to maximise the new opportunities for pharmacy. Professor Craig will take up his appointment in the New Year.
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 1.5
Research Associate in Natural Products Biosynthesis & Biosynthetic Engineering
- Pedagogy - 19.6
Professor of Education
- Microtechnics - 19.6
Professor of Cyber Security
- Business - 19.6
Sinyi Professorship of Chinese Management
- History - 19.6
Disney Professorship of Archaeology
- Business - 19.6
Beckwith Professorship of Management Studies
- Interdisciplinary - 18.6
Professor in Interdisciplinary Social Science
- Civil Engineering - 18.6
Associate Professor in Urban Studies (Urban Informatics/Data Visualization)