The University is to mark the centenary of Alan Turing’s birth by screening a biopic of the computing pioneer.
- Environmental Sciences - May 22 GPS, camera traps and dung expose the secret life of endangered elephants
- Study of Religions - May 22 Read around the world with Birmingham at Hay
- Administration - May 22 New UCL visual identity website and guidelines launched
- Business - May 22 Big business could learn survival lessons from family businesses
- History - May 22 Obituary: Maurice Hutt
- Medicine - May 22 Air travel during pregnancy poses no significant risk, say experts
- Medicine - May 22 Exploring the extraordinary science of bones
- Literature - May 22 Imperial’s historic medical library reopens thanks to funding
- Medicine - May 22 National CQC first for Plymouth dentistry
- Earth Sciences - May 22 3D images of butterfly development
- Business - May 22 More success for Manchester social entrepreneur
Turing film marks scientist’s centenary
As part of the Edinburgh International Film Festival fringe, The Creators will be screened at the Inspace gallery on 24 June.
Turing, who was a Bletchley Park codebreaker, is recognised as one of the forefathers of modern computing.
His forward-thinking work underpins much of the computing research ongoing today, including at the Informatics Forum.
Turing’s dreams and memories during the last few hours of his life are the focus of the film, which portrays a future in which thinking machines seek him out as their creator.
A question-and-answer session with the filmmakers AL Holmes and AL Taylor will be held after the screening.
The CreatorSunday 24 June 2012, 9pm - 11pm Inspace, Crichton Street
The screening takes place the day after the UK premiere of the film in Manchester.
It forms part of a 12-film season at Inspace with the themes of faith and magic.
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 1.5
Research Associate in Natural Products Biosynthesis & Biosynthetic Engineering
- Business - 22.5
KPMG Professorship of Management Studies
- Pedagogy - 21.5
Professor of Cyber Security
- Life Sciences - 21.5
Chair in Auditory Genetics
- Medicine - 21.5
Chair in Genomic / Genetic Medicine
- Microtechnics - 21.5
Professor of Functional Surface Engineering
- Administration - 21.5
Professorships in the Sainsbury Laboratory
- Medicine - 21.5
Professorship of Stem Cell Medicine