Researchers from the University of Warwick have been appointed to a new government project looking at the long term future of UK manufacturing.
- Event - Oct 31 Conference examines leveraging legacies of Brazilian major sports events for school and youth sport
- Medicine - Oct 31 Study puts price tag on informal caregiving for elderly in the USA
- Life Sciences - Oct 31 Obituary: John Postgate
- Social Sciences - Oct 31 Should life mean life? Legal experts debate whole- life sentences
- Astronomy - Oct 31 Prof Michele Dougherty talks about space missions and her first telescope
- Life Sciences - Oct 31 Comment: Scared out of your mind: Halloween, fear and the brain
- Life Sciences - Oct 31 Manchester graphene paper among top 100 citations of all time
- Medicine - Oct 31 The power of the moustache at Manchester Science Festival
- Pedagogy - Oct 31 Many popular teaching practices are ineffective, warns new report
- Life Sciences - Oct 31 The man with a thousand brains
- Physics - Oct 31 Royal Society Professorship awarded to Sir Kostya Novoselov
- Environmental Sciences - Oct 30 Does it help conservation to put a price on nature?
Researchers appointed to look at long term future of UK manufacturing
Professor Nicholas Crafts and Professor Anne Green have both been selected for the Lead Expert Group (LEG) on the Foresight Future of Manufacturing project.
Professor Crafts is the Director of the Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy Research Centre at the University of Warwick, and Professor Anne Green is based in the University’s Institute of Employment Research.
The two-year project was commissioned by the Government Chief Scientific Adviser Professor Sir John Beddington who is overseeing the work. The LEG will work alongside the Foresight team in the Government Office for Science, guiding the project and helping to secure a robust evidence base.
Last job offers
- Medicine - 31.10
Professor / Senior Clinician / Clinician in Small Animal Surgery
- Business - 31.10
Associate Professor in Finance
- Philosophy - 31.10
Associate Professor (or Professorship) in Ancient Philosophy
- Philosophy - 31.10
Associate Professor (or Professorship) in Ancient Greek Philosophy
- Physics - 29.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Physical Education
- Microtechnics - 27.10
Professor of Electronics and Systems Engineering
- Life Sciences - 24.10
Chair in Global Change Biology
- Medicine - 24.10
Chair in Health Policy and Management and Director of the Health Services Management Centre. 30845