- Administration - 15:00 Future- proofing local government in Wales
- Event - Feb 5 Education Secretary Nicky Morgan awards prestigious prize at King's
- Medicine - Feb 4 Syrian aid: lack of evidence for ’interventions that work’, say researchers
- Medicine - Feb 4 Professor Munir Pirmohamed receives Knighthood at Buckingham Palace
- Administration - Feb 2 King's & Pearson on the impact of distance education
- Administration - Feb 1 Government announces new consortium to lead R&D in secure wireless connectivity for autonomous vehicles
- Administration - Feb 1 King's publishes response to the HE Green Paper
- Medicine - Jan 29 Who Uses Community Pharmacy for Flu Vaccinations
- Administration - Jan 29 Changes to NHS policy unlikely to reduce emergency hospital admissions
- Law - Jan 29 Draft Wales Bill
- Social Sciences - Jan 27 Tackling child poverty in Wales
- Physics - Jan 26 Global security experts call for comprehensive debate ahead of Trident replacement decision
Researchers appointed to look at long term future of UK manufacturing
Researchers from the University of Warwick have been appointed to a new government project looking at the long term future of UK manufacturing.
Professor Nicholas Crafts and Professor Anne Green have both been selected for the Lead Expert Group (LEG) on the Foresight Future of Manufacturing project.
Professor Crafts is the Director of the Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy Research Centre at the University of Warwick, and Professor Anne Green is based in the University’s Institute of Employment Research.
The two-year project was commissioned by the Government Chief Scientific Adviser Professor Sir John Beddington who is overseeing the work. The LEG will work alongside the Foresight team in the Government Office for Science, guiding the project and helping to secure a robust evidence base.
Last job offers
- Interdisciplinary - 1.2
PhD positions in natural sciences & engineering
- Administration/Government - 12.1
- Earth Sciences - 5.2
Associate Professorship in Human Geography
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 4.2
Professor in Hearing Sciences
- Life Sciences - 4.2
Assistant Professor in Bioinformatics
- Business/Economics - 4.2
Professor in Strategic Management
- Microtechnics - 3.2
Chair in Energy in Buildings
- Mechanical Engineering - 3.2
Chair in Energy Engineering