- Philosophy - 13:00 Comment: UK has ’moral responsibility’ to act now on refugee crisis
- Social Sciences - 12:00 Key appointment for Head of School
- Astronomy - 12:00 Detecting gravitational waves in space: LISA Pathfinder test mission launch imminent
- Social Sciences - 11:01 Analysis: Where do the Labour leader contenders stand on immigration?
- Physics - 11:00 Major grant for Manchester graphene research
- Event - 11:00 Glasgow shortlisted for University of the Year award for second year running
- Life Sciences - 10:00 Sussex bee professor inspires Brighton art exhibit
- Computer Science - 06:00 Discover the robots of the future at Liverpool exhibit
- Philosophy - Sep 2 Comment: I am an immigrant
- History - Sep 2 "Archaeology is for Everyone" strategy launched at EAA conference hosted by the University of Glasgow
- Medicine - Sep 2 Greater Manchester to lead the way in creating world- class health innovation
- Life Sciences - Sep 2 Chinese schoolchildren visit Nottingham to discover Darwin
Researchers appointed to look at long term future of UK manufacturing
Researchers from the University of Warwick have been appointed to a new government project looking at the long term future of UK manufacturing.
Professor Nicholas Crafts and Professor Anne Green have both been selected for the Lead Expert Group (LEG) on the Foresight Future of Manufacturing project.
Professor Crafts is the Director of the Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy Research Centre at the University of Warwick, and Professor Anne Green is based in the University’s Institute of Employment Research.
The two-year project was commissioned by the Government Chief Scientific Adviser Professor Sir John Beddington who is overseeing the work. The LEG will work alongside the Foresight team in the Government Office for Science, guiding the project and helping to secure a robust evidence base.
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 2.9
Assistant Professor in Clinical Embryology
- Media Sciences - 2.9
Sir Patrick Sheehy Professorship of International Relations
- Life Sciences - 2.9
Barclay-Williams Professorship of Molecular Immunology
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.9
Chong Hua Professorship of Chinese Development
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.8
Assistant / Associate Professor in Aerospace Engineering (2 posts)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 28.8
Chair in Applied Molecular Pathology
- Literature/Linguistics - 28.8
Chair in Contemporary American Literature and Culture - 51444
- Arts and Design - 28.8
Associate Professorship or Professorship in Music