- Administration - 16:00 New UCL visual identity website and guidelines launched
- Business - 15:00 Big business could learn survival lessons from family businesses
- History - 14:00 Obituary: Maurice Hutt
- Medicine - 13:00 Air travel during pregnancy poses no significant risk, say experts
- Medicine - 12:00 Exploring the extraordinary science of bones
- Literature - 12:00 Imperial’s historic medical library reopens thanks to funding
- Medicine - 11:00 National CQC first for Plymouth dentistry
- Earth Sciences - 11:00 3D images of butterfly development
- Business - 11:00 More success for Manchester social entrepreneur
- Business - 10:00 High- tech centre opens its doors to South West companies
- Business - 10:00 Innovation and Impact Awards
London 2012 Festival Press Office at King’s
The London 2012 Festival Press Office will be based at King’s for the period of the Festival from 20 June to 9 September. The Office will provide a central London location for media, with a programme of regular briefings and opportunities, and a dedicated space in which UK and overseas media can operate.
The London 2012 Festival, the culmination of the Cultural Olympiad, is a 12 week UK-wide cultural celebration for the Olympic and Paralympic Games, bringing together leading artists from across the world with the best from the UK. The Press Office will be staffed with a specialist team of cultural press officers, who will act as a single point of for all London 2012 Festival-related.
Today a breakfast briefing for international media on the London 2012 Festival will take place at King’s Strand campus, where the Press Office will be located for the duration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The briefing will be led by Ruth Mackenzie, Director of the London 2012 Festival, who will provide an overview of the Festival’s nationwide opening events and highlights of the opening week, in particular the programmes featuring international artists.
Deborah Bull, Executive Director, King’s Cultural Institute, said: ‘King’s Cultural Institute has been established to build on the College’s long history of cultural partnerships and collaborations. I’m delighted that in hosting the Festival 2012 Press Office, King’s will play a key role in supporting the cultural sector and this unprecedented celebration of creativity across the UK.’
The London 2012 Festival is the largest cultural celebration in the history of the modern Olympic and Paralympic Movements. It is an opportunity for people across the UK to celebrate the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games through the UK’s world-class culture of dance, music, theatre, the visual arts, fashion, film and digital innovation.
King’s College London is a supporter of the London 2012 Festival.
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 1.5
Research Associate in Natural Products Biosynthesis & Biosynthetic Engineering
- Pedagogy - 21.5
Professor of Cyber Security
- Life Sciences - 21.5
Chair in Auditory Genetics
- Medicine - 21.5
Chair in Genomic / Genetic Medicine
- Microtechnics - 21.5
Professor of Functional Surface Engineering
- Administration - 21.5
Professorships in the Sainsbury Laboratory
- Medicine - 21.5
Professorship of Stem Cell Medicine
- Medicine - 20.5
Associate Professor / Lecturer in Biostatistics