Leeds alumnus Andrea Dennis competes in the first heats of the Womens Rowing Lightweight Pairs event at 9.30am. Andrea is a Team GB veteran having competed at two European and five World Championships. In her latest outing for the team she took Gold as part of the Lightweight Womens Four.
- Medicine - 10:00 Can you put a price on health?
- Environmental Sciences - May 22 GPS, camera traps and dung expose the secret life of endangered elephants
- Study of Religions - May 22 Read around the world with Birmingham at Hay
- Administration - May 22 New UCL visual identity website and guidelines launched
- Business - May 22 What can the debates on Scottish independence learn from Slovakia?
- Business - May 22 Big business could learn survival lessons from family businesses
- Administration - May 22 Scottish Government pledges additional funding to support research excellence
- History - May 22 Obituary: Maurice Hutt
- Medicine - May 22 Air travel during pregnancy poses no significant risk, say experts
- Medicine - May 22 Exploring the extraordinary science of bones
- Literature - May 22 Imperial’s historic medical library reopens thanks to funding
Leeds Olympians to watch this weekend
Leeds alumnus Paul Mattick competes in the first heats of the Mens Rowing Lightweight Fours event at 11.00am. London 2012 will be Pauls second Olympic Games after he finished fifth as part of the Lightweight Mens Four in Beijing. He was also part of the team that won Gold at both the 2007 and 2009 World Championships, so hopefully he will help the GB Team on to the podium on home water.
Team GBs Mens Water Polo playing Romania in the first preliminary round of the competition at 6.20pm will feature Leeds student Ed Scott and alumnus Matt Holland. With Team GB facing the Gold, Silver and Bronze medallists from Beijing in their group it will be a tough test, but were sure theyll be up for the challenge.
Leeds alumnus Ashleigh Ball will represent Team GB in Womens Hockey as they play Japan at 7.00pm in the preliminary round. With 47 England caps and five for Great Britain, Ash will be adding the Olympic Games to her playing CV after already competing at both the Commonwealth Games in 2010 and World Championships in 2011. The midfielder scored some crucial goals in this years Champions Trophy against China and Germany to help Great Britain finish in second place.
Leeds alumnus Rebecca Gallantree will compete in the Womens Diving Synchronised 3m Springboard Final at 3.00pm. Rebecca competed at the Olympic pool in London during the diving World Cup and is raring to go for the Olympics. Now settled in Leeds having studied Sport and Exercise Science she is on course to compete in two separate diving events.
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 1.5
Research Associate in Natural Products Biosynthesis & Biosynthetic Engineering
- Business - 22.5
KPMG Professorship of Management Studies
- Pedagogy - 21.5
Professor of Cyber Security
- Life Sciences - 21.5
Chair in Auditory Genetics
- Medicine - 21.5
Chair in Genomic / Genetic Medicine
- Microtechnics - 21.5
Professor of Functional Surface Engineering
- Administration - 21.5
Professorships in the Sainsbury Laboratory
- Medicine - 21.5
Professorship of Stem Cell Medicine