- Sport Sciences - Jan 28 Athlete’s advice to half marathon runners
- Event - Jan 21 Mo targets World Half Marathon
- Sport Sciences - Nov 27 Free World Half Marathon places
- Sport Sciences - Oct 16 Comment: Looking behind the data in a misleading cost-of- football survey
- Careers - Sep 25 Having the ’right’ connections only gets you so far
- Sport Sciences - Aug 24 Laura Muir set for World Athletics Championship final
- Sport Sciences - May 20 Sussex American football coach picks up tips in America
- Sport Sciences - Apr 22 Liverpool FC Academy players visit the University of Warwick
- Sport Sciences - Mar 25 Sussex wins Varsity for second year running
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Interdisciplinary - 1.2
PhD positions in natural sciences & engineering
- Administration/Government - 12.1
- Administration/Government - 9.2
Professor of Education
- Earth Sciences - 8.2
Associate Professor in Human Geography
- Chemistry - 8.2
Associate Professor (or Professorship) of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Earth Sciences - 5.2
Associate Professorship in Human Geography
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 4.2
Professor in Hearing Sciences
- Life Sciences - 4.2
Assistant Professor in Bioinformatics