The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Mechanical Engineering - Jan 24 Blood flow image voted supporters’ favourite in BHF competition
- Microtechnics - Jan 23 Material can be both magnetic and electrically charged
- Event - Jan 23 Topping out ceremony to mark The Diamond progress
- Physics - Jan 23 Catch the Northern Lights with your mobile
- History - Jan 23 Holocaust lesson vital in wake of Charlie Hebdo attacks
- Social Sciences - Jan 22 Glasgow and Nankai link up to launch joint graduate school
- Psychology - Jan 22 Comment: Well- being programmes in schools might be doing children more harm than good
- Environmental Sciences - Jan 22 Nottingham is number one in the world for sustainability for the third time
- Medicine - Jan 22 First successful organ donation from newborn carried out in UK
- Environmental Sciences - Jan 22 A new public private collaboration in Singapore aims to develop more eco- friendly ships
- Physics - Jan 22 Is glass a true solid?
- Microtechnics - Jan 22 Graphene: Isolated in Manchester, innovated in Britain
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Computer Science - 23.1
Faculty Position in Programming Principles, Logic, and Verification
- Business - 23.1
Assistant Professor in Finance
- Pedagogy - 23.1
Chair in Employment Relations or HRM. 38029
- Social Sciences - 22.1
Lecturer / Associate Professor
- Medicine - 21.1
Chair In Pharmacology
- Computer Science - 20.1
Associate Professor / Professor of Remote Sensing
- Mechanical Engineering - 20.1
Chair in Innovative Manufacturing of Medical Devices
- - 19.1
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Security and Public Policy