- Law - 15:01 UCL Qatar housing support allowance for staff
- History - 14:01 Anyone for 16th- century tennis?
- Event - 14:00 Inclusive Networks Awards
- Philosophy - 13:00 Comment: UK has ’moral responsibility’ to act now on refugee crisis
- Social Sciences - 12:00 Key appointment for Head of School
- Astronomy - 12:00 Detecting gravitational waves in space: LISA Pathfinder test mission launch imminent
- Social Sciences - 11:01 Analysis: Where do the Labour leader contenders stand on immigration?
- Physics - 11:00 Major grant for Manchester graphene research
- Event - 11:00 Glasgow shortlisted for University of the Year award for second year running
- Life Sciences - 10:00 Sussex bee professor inspires Brighton art exhibit
- Computer Science - 06:00 Discover the robots of the future at Liverpool exhibit
- Philosophy - Sep 2 Comment: I am an immigrant
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 2.9
Assistant Professor in Clinical Embryology
- Media Sciences - 2.9
Sir Patrick Sheehy Professorship of International Relations
- Life Sciences - 2.9
Barclay-Williams Professorship of Molecular Immunology
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.9
Chong Hua Professorship of Chinese Development
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.8
Assistant / Associate Professor in Aerospace Engineering (2 posts)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 28.8
Chair in Applied Molecular Pathology
- Literature/Linguistics - 28.8
Chair in Contemporary American Literature and Culture - 51444
- Arts and Design - 28.8
Associate Professorship or Professorship in Music