The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Arts - Sep 2 University festival offers a feast of marvel and magic to stimulate the mind
- Earth Sciences - Sep 2 New satellite maps out Napa Valley earthquake
- Administration - Aug 29 Twenty- five names added to University’s First World War roll of honour
- Medicine - Aug 29 Manchester Professor is new President of European Association of Cancer Research
- Philosophy - Aug 29 Critics pour cold water on the Ice Bucket Challenge: are they right?
- Careers - Aug 28 Comment: A stuttering recovery is the smokescreen for an attack on European employment rights
- Event - Aug 28 Step back in time with M&S
- Medicine - Aug 28 Arthritis patients failing to take expensive medication, according to research
- Astronomy - Aug 28 Watch the Skies!
- Medicine - Aug 22 Postcard: Researchers establish new partnership with Wenzhou Medical University
- Medicine - Aug 22 Feature: Using computers to design drugs
- Social Sciences - Aug 20 English voters want hard line on Scotland
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Administration - 1.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) in Public Policy (Global Economic Governance)
- Business - 27.8
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance
- Medicine - 26.8
Departmental Personal Assistant
- Administration - 22.8
Finance and Research Administrator
- Business - 22.8
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Political Economy of International...
- Business - 22.8
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
- Administration - 20.8
John G Winant Visiting Professorship of American Government 2015
- Life Sciences - 19.8
PA to Professor Kieran Clarke (maternity cover)