The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Medicine - 07:02 New research to tackle treatment for lung disease
- Careers - 07:01 Tribunal fees have ‘severely limited access to justice’ for workers
- Medicine - Jul 28 Scissoring the lipids
- Business - Jul 28 University’s Vice- Chancellor forges international links in Brazil
- Social Sciences - Jul 28 ’Next time we will win!’: Gaza’s cycles of violence
- Event - Jul 28 Nottingham campuses secure Green Flag status once again
- Physics - Jul 28 Building ’invisible’ materials with light
- Earth Sciences - Jul 28 Timing of asteroid final straw that wiped out weakened dinos
- Physics - Jul 28 Graphene surfaces on photonic racetracks
- Medicine - Jul 28 £3m gift for brain disease research
- Law - Jul 25 The School of Law, Politics and Sociology moves to the Freeman Building
- Administration - Jul 25 £450,000 boost for Firbeck Academy
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 28.7
Research Administrator for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Chemistry - 28.7
Laboratory Manager for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Chemistry - 25.7
Research Software Developer for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry
- Computer Science - 24.7
Database Manager / Bioinformatician
- Administration - 23.7
Deputy Office Manager / Personal Assistant to the Pro-Provosts and the Professor
- Pedagogy - 23.7
Professor of Energy Policy
- Business - 23.7
Professor of Innovation and Evolutionary Economics
- Mechanical Engineering - 18.7
Assistant / Associate Professor Aeronautical Engineering