The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Medicine - Oct 22 Liverpool awarded £5M for new technologies in stratified medicines
- Arts - Oct 22 Nottingham Lakeside welcomes Ensemble 360
- Business - Oct 22 Business schools in Nottingham launch government- backed growth voucher initiative for small businesses
- Life Sciences - Oct 22 Research Images as Art/Art Images as Research competition now open
- Astronomy - Oct 22 UCL space film evening at Stratford Picture House
- History - Oct 22 Rare First World War military memorabilia goes on display to public
- Business - Oct 22 Imperial Podcast: Universal sounds, green growth and invasive species
- Chemistry - Oct 22 Spectacular science takes over Manchester
- Earth Sciences - Oct 22 And now, the volcano forecast
- Mechanical Engineering - Oct 22 Unsteady on your feet? Little touches could make all the difference
- Event - Oct 22 Foundation lecture and honorary degrees mark tenth anniversary
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Business - 22.10
Senior Lecturer / Reader in Operations Management / Business Analytics
- Social Sciences - 22.10
Associate Professorship or Professorship in the Social Anthropology of the Middle East
- Administration - 21.10
Chair in Modelling and Simulation of Complex Manufacturing Processes - 52368
- Law - 20.10
Quain Chair of Jurisprudence
- Social Sciences - 20.10
Lecturer / Associate Professor
- Business - 17.10
Chair in Management
- Business - 16.10
Professor of Marketing
- Medicine - 15.10
Non-Clinical Lecturer in Respiratory Paediatrics