- Life Sciences - Apr 24 Museum of Natural History shortlisted for Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year 2015
- Arts - Apr 24 The Whitworth up for UK’s biggest arts prize
- Business - Apr 24 Analysis: how to prepare for the next big economic transition
- Life Sciences - Apr 24 Inside Imperial’s animal research facilities
- Arts - Apr 24 Leading British and American Shakespearean actors ask who really owns the Bard on his birthday
- Microtechnics - Apr 24 Specialist science, engineering and computing academy officially opens
- Literature - Apr 23 Your Country Called…And It Wants You Back
- Life Sciences - Apr 23 Soundscapes offer clues about coral reef communities
- Business - Apr 23 Shadow Business Secretary praises University’s new Sussex Innovation site in Croydon
- Literature - Apr 23 Election themed images: Satirical cartoons from the 1874 general election
- Medicine - Apr 23 Manchester joins European consortium to develop liquid biopsies
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Mathematics - 25.4
Assistant Professor in Mathematical Sciences
- Life Sciences - 24.4
Chair in Translational Stem Cell Technology
- Media Sciences - 24.4
Associate Professor in International Relations / International Security
- Mechanical Engineering - 24.4
Associate Professor / Chair in Driving Simulation
- Mechanical Engineering - 23.4
The McKeown Chair in Ultra Precision Technologies and Head of Precision Eng Inst
- Administration/Government - 23.4
Professor of Education (2000)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 22.4
Chair in Computer Science
- Administration/Government - 21.4
PA to Professor of Information Engineering and Administration Officer