The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Computer Science - 18:00 The Smiler showcases university Thrill Laboratory’s secret weapon
- Environmental Sciences - 18:00 Linking climate change and human evolution
- Event - 17:00 UCL Festival of Volunteering
- Life Sciences - 16:00 Gold for Nottingham at Chelsea
- Sport Sciences - 15:00 Leveson could sort out English football, says Andy Burnham MP
- Administration - 14:00 ‘State should expand policy on fuel poverty’
- Life Sciences - 14:00 Neuroscience meets robotics in stroke rehab
- History - 13:00 Sussex oral historian becomes patron of local community publisher
- Chemistry - 13:00 Inspiring others in Adult Learners' Week
- Arts - 13:00 The un-Limited Edition
- Psychology - 12:00 BBC broadcaster gives media tips to Sussex psychologists
- Arts - 12:00 Conference on performance for musicians with a hearing impairment
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 1.5
Research Associate in Natural Products Biosynthesis & Biosynthetic Engineering
- Medicine - 20.5
Associate Professor / Lecturer in Biostatistics
- History - 17.5
Professor of Early Modern British History
- Pedagogy - 17.5
Lecturer / Associate Professor in Science Education
- Earth Sciences - 17.5
Professor of Aqueous Geochemistry
- Life Sciences - 17.5
Chair in Auditory Genetics
- Medicine - 17.5
Chair in Genomic / Genetic Medicine
- Computer Science - 17.5
Graduate Teaching Assistants - Department of Informatics (Computer Science, Bioinformatics, and Robotics)...