- Sport Sciences - Apr 4 Ballet training could learn from football and rugby, says research
- Sport Sciences - Apr 4 How ballet training could learn from football and rugby, says report
- Sport Sciences - Jan 28 Athlete’s advice to half marathon runners
- Event - Jan 21 Mo targets World Half Marathon
- Sport Sciences - Nov 27 Free World Half Marathon places
- Sport Sciences - Oct 16 Comment: Looking behind the data in a misleading cost-of- football survey
- Careers - Sep 25 Having the ’right’ connections only gets you so far
- Sport Sciences - Aug 24 Laura Muir set for World Athletics Championship final
- Sport Sciences - May 20 Sussex American football coach picks up tips in America
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Psychology - 4.5
Lecturer / Associate Professor in Developmental Experimental Psychopathology
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 30.4
Assistant Professor in Sport and Exercise Medicine (Teaching Focus)
- Life Sciences - 28.4
Professor of Translational Vascular Biology
- Business/Economics - 28.4
Chair in Human Resources Management
- Law/Forensics - 27.4
Professor of Future Crimes
- Business/Economics - 27.4
Assistant Professor in Education Leadership and Management (3 Posts)
- Philosophy - 25.4
Professor of Philosophy
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 25.4
Chair in Genetic Epidemiology