The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Computer Science - 18:06 UCL coding clubs for East London youngsters
- Medicine - 16:02 The human parasite Leishmania is a probiotic for the fly that carries it
- Medicine - 12:00 Optimising immunotherapy for autoimmune disease: Dr Sarah Howlett
- Life Sciences - 12:00 Dr Lars Dolken
- Life Sciences - 12:00 Our policies
- Administration - 12:00 Teams up with BBC to offer unique online WW1 course
- Environmental Sciences - 11:00 Teams up with BBC to launch World War One MOOC
- History - 06:01 Academics lead walk to commemorate 30th anniversary Lindow Man
- Chemistry - 06:00 Chemists at Birmingham celebrate £1 million award for new equipment
- Medicine - Jul 22 £16 million funding announced to create unique medical imaging facility
- Law - Jul 22 Comment: What will MH17’s black boxes reveal?
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Administration - 23.7
Deputy Office Manager / Personal Assistant to the Pro-Provosts and the Professor
- Pedagogy - 23.7
Professor of Energy Policy
- Business - 23.7
Professor of Innovation and Evolutionary Economics
- Mechanical Engineering - 18.7
Assistant / Associate Professor Aeronautical Engineering
- Pedagogy - 18.7
Chair in Employment Relations or HRM. 38029
- Environmental Sciences - 17.7
Lecturer / Associate Professor in Business and Sustainable Change
- Mechanical Engineering - 17.7
- Mathematics - 17.7
Lowndean Professorship of Astronomy and Geometry