The University of Warwick’s Deputy Director of Sport has been appointed as Technical Director of Football for the World University Games.
- Event - 15:00 Conference examines leveraging legacies of Brazilian major sports events for school and youth sport
- Medicine - 13:01 Study puts price tag on informal caregiving for elderly in the USA
- Life Sciences - 13:01 Obituary: John Postgate
- Social Sciences - 13:01 Should life mean life? Legal experts debate whole- life sentences
- Life Sciences - 12:01 Comment: Scared out of your mind: Halloween, fear and the brain
- Life Sciences - 11:01 Manchester graphene paper among top 100 citations of all time
- Medicine - 11:01 The power of the moustache at Manchester Science Festival
- Pedagogy - 11:00 Many popular teaching practices are ineffective, warns new report
- Life Sciences - 10:00 The man with a thousand brains
- Physics - 06:01 Royal Society Professorship awarded to Sir Kostya Novoselov
- Environmental Sciences - Oct 30 Does it help conservation to put a price on nature?
Deputy Director of Sport represents University of Warwick at International level
James Ellis will take up the position with FISU, the world governing body for University Sport, while still keeping his role at the University.
James was Team Manager for the Great Britain Futsal Team at the World University Championships in 2008 and 2010. Last summer he was Head Coach for the GB Mens team, who was the first team in Great Britain history to get to the Football Final and came home with a silver medal.
In his role as Technical Director, James will have responsibility for the delivery of the Football Competition at the World University Games in 2013, being held in Kazan, Russia.
James said: “I am really proud to be given this opportunity. It allows me to represent Warwick and Great Britain at the highest level of university sport in the World. It is also a great personal honour to be given the position in football, which allows me to work with some really influential individuals and organisations such as FIFA.
“I am lucky enough to have represented Great Britain and won a medal on an international stage, but this opportunity gives me a chance to strategically play a part in the next four years of international elite football delivery.”
Last job offers
- Physics - 29.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Physical Education
- Microtechnics - 27.10
Professor of Electronics and Systems Engineering
- Life Sciences - 24.10
Chair in Global Change Biology
- Medicine - 24.10
Chair in Health Policy and Management and Director of the Health Services Management Centre. 30845
- Business - 24.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance
- Social Sciences - 24.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)/Reader in Social Work
- Mechanical Engineering - 24.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Water Science and Engineering
- Study of Religions - 24.10
Regius Professorship of Greek