- Life Sciences - May 5 Scientists to use microbes and methane to create sustainable Omega 3
- Business - May 4 Oxfordshire Green Paper outlines vision for region as ’innovation engine’
- Environment - Apr 29 UK needs to rethink its fuel poverty strategy
- Environment - Apr 28 Climate change puts endangered African antelopes in ’double jeopardy’
- Environment - Apr 28 Extreme weather predicted at Imperial Festival
- Astronomy - Apr 27 Podcast: Ice giants, climate diplomacy and Earth’s flipping magnetic fields
- Environment - Apr 26 Nine things we have learned from one of ecology’s largest field experiments
- Environment - Apr 26 Does nature make you happy? Crowdsourcing app looks at relationship between the outdoors and wellbeing
- Environment - Apr 25 Chernobyl 30 years on - the long term behaviour of radioactive isotopes in soils
- Business - Apr 25 Lancaster to open new China campus with Beijing Jiaotong University
- Environment - Apr 21 ú1.8m to explore how species cope with climate change
- Environment - Apr 19 Researcher joins new deep- sea ecosystem study
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities.á Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the mostátalented architects and designersáto ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Psychology - 4.5
Lecturer / Associate Professor in Developmental Experimental Psychopathology
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 30.4
Assistant Professor in Sport and Exercise Medicine (Teaching Focus)
- Life Sciences - 28.4
Professor of Translational Vascular Biology
- Business/Economics - 28.4
Chair in Human Resources Management
- Law/Forensics - 27.4
Professor of Future Crimes
- Business/Economics - 27.4
Assistant Professor in Education Leadership and Management (3 Posts)
- Philosophy - 25.4
Professor of Philosophy
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 25.4
Chair in Genetic Epidemiology