- Social Sciences - Aug 4 Booklet aims to help friends and relatives of people experiencing domestic abuse
- Earth Sciences - Aug 4 Comment: Forget the cheesy image - Cilla Black was a pioneer
- Medicine - Aug 4 British Minister visits LKCMedicine
- Media Sciences - Aug 4 School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies appoints new Head of School
- Medicine - Aug 4 Elizabeth Blackwell Early Career fellow awarded Medical Research Council clinical fellowship
- Chemistry - Aug 4 Scientists solve mystery behind earthworm digestion
- Medicine - Aug 4 AIDS research prize for Warwick academic
- Medicine - Aug 4 European funding for hypertension study
- Environmental Sciences - Aug 4 Woodland concerns put into historical context
- Medicine - Aug 4 Two new epigenetics grants to study how early life experiences affect health
- Psychology - Aug 4 Play’s the thing
- Pedagogy - Aug 3 Comment: Want to raise the quality of teaching? Begin with academic freedom
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Philosophy - 4.8
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
- Business/Economics - 4.8
Chair in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Operations Management - 50476
- Physics/Materials Science - 3.8
Professor / Reader in Novel Methods of Particle Acceleration
- Life Sciences - 3.8
Professorship of Immunology
- Mechanical Engineering - 31.7
Assistant Professor in Materials
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 30.7
Lecturer or Associate Professor in Film and Media
- Social Sciences - 29.7
Chair of Sociology and/or Criminology
- Social Sciences - 29.7
Chair in Sociology / Science and Technology Studies