- Literature - 11:01 Statement: UCL Bloomsbury Theatre closure
- Business - 10:00 Introducing the GEIC
- Business - 06:01 Infrastructure investment in England is biased towards London, new report finds
- Physics - 06:00 Scientists "squeeze" light one particle at a time
- Medicine - Aug 31 The Cecil Lion Summit
- Astronomy - Aug 31 University of Glasgow space tech ready for liftoff
- Medicine - Aug 31 Critical illnesses cause 1 in 20 cancer patients to be admitted to intensive care, with 25% dying
- Medicine - Aug 31 Baby foods packed with fruit & vegetables, but unlikely to encourage children to eat their greens
- Medicine - Aug 30 Death of Dr Oliver Sacks
- Social Sciences - Aug 28 Technology anthropologist and sound artist team up for major digital festival commission
- Chemistry - Aug 28 New glass manufacturing technique could enable design of hybrid glasses and revolutionise gas storage
- Administration - Aug 27 Analysis: The Beeb, the bias and the bashing
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.8
Assistant / Associate Professor in Aerospace Engineering (2 posts)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 28.8
Chair in Applied Molecular Pathology
- Literature/Linguistics - 28.8
Chair in Contemporary American Literature and Culture - 51444
- Arts and Design - 28.8
Associate Professorship or Professorship in Music
- Computer Science/Telecom - 27.8
- Life Sciences - 27.8
Associate Professorship of Cell Physiology
- Study of Religions - 26.8
Associate Professor in New Testament Studies