- Arts - Jul 7 12 things to do in the sunshine: the fun heats up with a journey back in time
- Literature - Jul 7 The new library: bees, booths and broadband
- Medicine - Jul 7 Medical graduate provides a lifeline for remote Peruvian villages
- Medicine - Jul 7 Cancer drug 49 times more potent than Cisplatin
- Computer Science - Jul 7 Lancaster University helps BBC inspire 1 million coders
- History - Jul 7 First World War trench reconstructions coming to Pollok Country Park
- Medicine - Jul 7 WATCH: Allergy professor talks hay fever on BBC Breakfast
- Medicine - Jul 7 The Imperial researchers taking the fight to the superbugs
- Arts - Jul 7 Does pop music have a ‘Rhythm Of The Rain?’
- Business - Jul 7 Government has failed to ‘rebalance’ the British economy, report finds
- Microtechnics - Jul 6 Imperial explores the next 20 years of digital tech and robotics
- Physics - Jul 6 Faster detection of hidden objects by Warwick terahertz sensor
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Microtechnics - 7.7
Associate Professor (Industrial Tutor) in Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science/Telecom - 4.7
Chair in Computer Science and Digital Games
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 3.7
Chair in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Arts and Design - 3.7
Reader / Professor in Design
- Physics/Materials Science - 3.7
University Lecturer in String Theory
- Chemistry - 2.7
Reader (Associate Professor) in / Professor of Chemical Engineering
- History/Archeology - 1.7
Professor of Medieval History
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.7
Departmental Lecturer in Classical Languages and Literature