- Medicine - Feb 9 Universities tackle global challenges
- Medicine - Feb 3 King's launch PLuS alliance
- Environmental Sciences - Feb 2 Severe droughts no longer caused just by nature
- Earth Sciences - Feb 2 Increase in volcanic eruptions at the end of the ice age caused by melting ice caps and glacial erosion
- Environmental Sciences - Feb 2 Logging helps black rats invade rainforests
- Life Sciences - Feb 1 How does your garden grow? Traditional planting of fruit trees promotes animal diversity in the Malaysian rainforest
- Environmental Sciences - Jan 29 Deep sea drilling project to explore history of climate change
- Environmental Sciences - Jan 28 How ’more food per field’ could help save our wild spaces
- Law - Jan 26 University of Sussex law school sets up free legal advice service
- Life Sciences - Jan 25 Don’t blame grey squirrels: their British invasion had much more to do with us
- Administration - Jan 25 Sussex rises ten places in ranking of the world’s ’greenest’ universities
- Environmental Sciences - Jan 25 WATCH: Insect haggis served up for Burns Night
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Interdisciplinary - 1.2
PhD positions in natural sciences & engineering
- Administration/Government - 12.1
- Business/Economics - 10.2
Assistant Professor in Sensory Science (Full time/Part time - job share available)
- Chemistry - 10.2
Associate Professor (or Professorship) of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Administration/Government - 9.2
Professor of Education
- Earth Sciences - 8.2
Associate Professor in Human Geography
- Earth Sciences - 5.2
Associate Professorship in Human Geography