The UCL Centre for Urban Sustainability and Resilience is inviting the submission of short abstracts to be considered for the first International Conference for Urban Sustainability and Resilience.
- Literature - May 20 Sarah Thomas to lead Harvard Library
- Medicine - May 20 New £23m research unit will use advances in genetics to help reduce risk of disease
- Study of Religions - May 20 South African crime- fiction wave hits Cambridge
- Business - May 20 Brazil ’still not a priority’ in the eyes of the media
- Medicine - May 20 Open Day for Medicine and Dentistry
- Business - May 20 New Nottingham degree will get aspiring accountants off to a Flying Start
- Arts - May 20 Postcard: Dr Iain Jackson in India
- Environmental Sciences - May 20 Global warming continues; most extreme projections 'less likely'
- Medicine - May 20 Experts advocate for stronger measures to protect trees and other plants from pests and pathogens
- Literature - May 20 Transformational campus development to get underway
- Arts - May 20 University hosts international conference on 360° technology
- Environmental Sciences - May 20 Global warming continues but most extreme projections ’less likely’
Abstract submissions invited for International Conference for Urban Sustainability and Resilience
The abstracts will be considered for oral or poster sessions at the conference, which is being held at UCL on 5-6 November 2012.
Engineers, policy makers, designers and planners are some of the key professions shaping the future of the urban world. The decisions they make today will often affect many generations to come. As such it is essential that their decision be backed by knowledge that is both scientifically sound and also fully aware of the human factors inherent in urban issues.
The first international conference in Urban Sustainability and Resilience will bring together world experts from across a wide range of engineering, science and social science disciplines with three main objectives:
· Bring together a strong research community committed to address some of the most pressing issues that human societies have ever faced;
· Take stock of the current state of knowledge in the field of urban sustainability and resilience
· Put forward a coherent future research agenda in the field.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 4 July 2012. They should be emailed to conference [a] usar-conference-2012 (p) org. A selection of the best papers will be published as a book after the conference. The conference website will go live on 29 May 2012.
UCL Centre for Urban Sustainability and Resilience
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 1.5
Research Associate in Natural Products Biosynthesis & Biosynthetic Engineering
- Medicine - 20.5
Associate Professor / Lecturer in Biostatistics
- History - 17.5
Professor of Early Modern British History
- Pedagogy - 17.5
Lecturer / Associate Professor in Science Education
- Earth Sciences - 17.5
Professor of Aqueous Geochemistry
- Life Sciences - 17.5
Chair in Auditory Genetics
- Medicine - 17.5
Chair in Genomic / Genetic Medicine
- Computer Science - 17.5
Graduate Teaching Assistants - Department of Informatics (Computer Science, Bioinformatics, and Robotics)...